Hi, How Can We Help You?


Study, Work, Live in Australia

The Australian Government provides an opportunity to all Indian students to study in the Australia; however, you need to obtain a student visa. The visa you need will depend on your age, type of study and how long you want to stay in Australia. As an international student, you would most commonly require a student (subclass 500) visa, regardless of your field of study.

Quick Facts

  • Full name: Commonwealth of Australia
  • Population: 21.5 million (UN, 2009)
  • Capital: Canberra
  • Largest city: Sydney
  • Area: 7.7 million sq km (2.9 million sq miles)
  • Major language: English
  • Major religion: Christianity
  • Life expectancy: 79 years (men), 84 years (women) (UN)
  • Monetary unit: 1 Australian dollar = 100 cents
  • Main exports: Ores and metals; wool, food and live animals; fuels, transport machinery and equipment
  • GNI per capita: US $32,220 (World Bank, 2006)
  • Internet domain: .au
  • International dialing code: +61


  • Australian National University
  • University of Canberra
  • Australian Catholic University
  • Charles Sturt University
  • Macquarie University
  • Southern Cross University
  • University of New England
  • University of New South Wales
  • University of Newcastle
  • University of Sydney
  • University of Technology, Sydney
  • Western Sydney University
  • University of Wollongong
  • Charles Darwin University
  • Bond University
  • CQ University
  • Federation University
  • Griffith University
  • James Cook University
  • Queensland University of Technology
  • University of Queensland
  • University of Southern Queensland
  • University of the Sunshine Coast
  • Carnegie Mellon University
  • Flinders University
  • Torrens University Australia
  • University College London
  • University of Adelaide
  • University of South Australia
  • University of Tasmania
  • Deakin University
  • Federation University of Australia
  • La Trobe University
  • Monash University
  • RMIT University
  • Swinburne University of Technology
  • University of Divinity
  • University of Melbourne
  • Victoria University
  • Curtin University
  • Edith Cowan University
  • Murdoch University
  • University of Notre Dame Australia
  • University of Western Australia



Coming into effect since July 1, 2016, a student subclass 500 visa allow you stay in Australia for the duration of your study program, which is mostly up to five years. It is important for you to ensure that your visa remains valid and you abide by the conditions as mentioned on your student visa.

To get an admission in Australian college/university, we are happy to help you. Our experience counselors will guide you through out the process from picking up the study program to get an admission from your desired college/university.

Contact us for free counseling session today.


Average tuition fee for international undergraduate students was AU$30,840 (~US$22,170) per year in 2018, and AU$31,596 (~US$22,700) for international postgraduates.

Study in Australia, the official government site for international students, gives the typical annual tuition fees for international graduate students as:

  • Master’s degree – AU$20,000 (US$14,400) to $37,000 (US$26,600)
  • Doctoral degree – AU$14,000 (US$10,060) to $37,000 (US$26,600)

These figures do not include high-value courses such as veterinary or medical degrees, which can cost significantly more.

Tuition fees at Australian universities are generally calculated per unit, not per year. Each unit falls into a fee band, and as most students will be studying a combination of units from different bands, fees will be different for everybody.

Along with college tuition fee, you have to consider other factors as well.

Living Cost

Your living costs will vary according to factors such as your lifestyle and location. To give you an idea of what you might expect to spend on living expenses each week, the Australian Government has provided a guide:

  • Groceries and eating out: AUD$80 to $280 per week
  • Gas and electricity: AUD$35 to $140 per week
  • Phone and internet: AUD$20 to $55 per week
  • Public transport: AUD$15 to $55 per week
  • Car (after purchase): AUD$150 to $260 per week
  • Entertainment: AUD$80 to $150 per week

Typically the capital cities have the highest living costs, with the biggest cities — Sydney and Melbourne — usually being at the upper end of the spectrum and smaller cities such as Adelaide and Hobart being the cheapest.

Cost estimates were sourced from the Australian Government’s Study in Australia website in 2018.


Australian universities and colleges provide a wide range of scholarships to meritorious international students to help them fund their studies. Apart from this, many scholarships, grants and bursaries are also offered by the Australian government, public and private establishments. Before you apply to any of these scholarships, do check the eligibility and criteria, along with the closing date.

Student Visa

Australian universities and colleges provide a wide range of scholarships to meritorious international students to help them fund their studies. Apart from this, many scholarships, grants and bursaries are also offered by the Australian government, public and private establishments. Before you apply to any of these scholarships, do check the eligibility and criteria, along with the closing date.

Pre Departure

After successfully obtained a student visa for Australia, for many of you, your visit to Australia will mark your first visit to Australia. A variety of experiences await you and it’s quite natural to face them with a blend of both excitement and anxiety about the unknown. The challenge is to take full advantage of the opportunities presented to you. The benefits of being part of a multicultural student population and society in Australia will give you the chance to develop your knowledge and understanding of new cultures. Your time in Australia will be both challenging and rewarding.

For any student the process of successfully adapting to the rigors of a new study system in a different culture can be little difficult and can take some time. While academic success will be your main focus, you should make the most of the other opportunities that will present themselves to you for your greater personal growth and success.

Before you are ready to depart for Australia, make yourself comfortable by planning your initial days in Australia. Institutions in Australia help international students make this important transition by giving them an airport pickup, arranging for temporary accommodation and by giving them an orientation session. But before you leave, get to know Australia through the eyes of a student by seeking answers to the queries and situations you might face. Given below is a general checklist of items you should make yourself aware of.

Working While Studying

As per the new rules, students going to Australia under Visa Subclass 500 are eligible to work for up to 40 hours in a fortnight while the course is in Session and for unlimited hours when the course is not in session (during breaks). The only proviso is that the student cannot start working till the course commences.

Also, a fortnight refers to a period of 14 days starting on a Monday and ending on the Sunday of the following week. The hours can be divided as per student’s convenience. For instance, a student may work for 10 hours in week one and 30 hours in week 2 or 15 and 25 hours respectively. Students must, however, note that in the above example, if the student works for 30 hours in week 2, then he/she can only work for 10 hours in the following week or else the condition of 40 hours in a fortnight would be breached – which in turn can lead to cancellation of Visas. Ideally, a student looking for continuous part-time work must limit their working to about 20 hours a week.

Work After Study

Unlike in some other English-speaking countries, there is no automatic right associated with your student visa to stay and work for a period of time in Australia after you complete your degree. When you receive your student visa, the government lets you in on a temporary basis of entry for study with the understanding that you will leave upon completion of course and before the visa will expire. Australia continues to have demand for foreign workers, and students that have earned a degree in Australia have a special work visa category. There are also several other visa categories open to international students, and Australia has a very straightforward path to permanent residency using a points system . If you want to stay and work after you graduate, you must apply and obtain a work visa.

Accompanying family

A student visa would usually allow you to bring close family members as dependents on your student visa.  This is defined as:

A spouse or partner (including same sex partners) who you have been living with for 12 months.

Your, or your partner’s children, under 18 or who are still in continuous education (i.e. studying A-levels).

Please note that the work rights granted for the dependent partner will depend on the course of study of the student:

  • If the student is studying a bachelor degree, the dependent partner can work up to 40 hours per fortnight.
  • If the student is studying a masters degree (coursework or research) or a doctorate degree the partner will have full and unlimited work rights.

PR / Settlement

Many international students choose to apply for permanent residency after they graduate. To do so, you must ‘express interest’ through the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s SkillSelect migration program. SkillSelect is an online service that allows applicants to be considered for a skilled visa by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI). Applicants must provide personal details; a nominated occupation; information about work experience and education; information about their level of English language proficiency; details of a skills assessment related to the nominated occupations; and information about business and investment experience. This service allows applications for a number of visas.

For graduates, the most likely option is the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189). The Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) is a points-tested visa for skilled workers aged 18 to 49 who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. This visa allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. Along with submitting an EOI, applicants must undergo a skills assessment. This provides evidence that your skills have been assessed as suitable for the nominated occupation.


You will probably notice some lifestyle differences between Australia and your home country.

Australians are quite casual and informal. For example, most Australian students refer to their lecturers and tutors by their first names. Australians expect everyone to be treated equally. It is customary to thank shop assistants and other service staff when they assist you.

It is important to be on time in Australia — it is polite to call if you are going to be late for an appointment. Smoking is not permitted in restaurants, bars, nightclubs and many other public covered areas, such as train stations.

Littering is prohibited, as is drinking alcohol in a public place.

Most Australians will be happy to help you if you’re unsure of something.

In recent years, Study in Canada is student’s first choice. Canada is one of the best study destinations with so many reasons. In 2017, Canada experienced almost 500,000 international students studying at all levels in the country; which explains its popularity across the globe.